It was my second time to visit this fitness center which brands itself as a “Fitness and Social Club”. My first visit was during an outdoor yoga event organized by the “Mother, Baby and Child” magazine. Needless to say, it was a highly rejuvenating and relaxing experience to do yoga at a terrace, when the weather was breezy and cool. This time, I was back to Tribefit to check out their Pilates class.
From my personal experience and after two visits to this hip and contemporary fitness club, here’s what I think makes this club different from others and why you should consider visiting:
- They offer classes at a professional fitness level, for intermediate to advanced trainees, by highly experienced and motivational instructors.
- The club is spacious, with funky and cool interiors, and a number of studios for the different group exercise classes they offer.
- There’s an organic food specialty cafe inside the club.
- The club regularly organizes social and fitness events for both its members and non-members.
- It’s located within short walking distance from the JLT Metro Station (Marina side). Which makes it perfect for those who don’t drive (like moi), or who prefer to take the metro for its convenience.
Now, from my personal point of view, how did I feel about Tribefit’s concept and venue?
- The yoga studio where we had our Pilates class had floor to ceiling glass windows, with a view of the Marina-JBR bridge. So it felt like I was in the heart of new Dubai, surrounded by life – as pedestrians walked by over the renowned bridge. It also made me feel nostalgic to my London days! Everything about that studio, the view from those huge windows, the people passing by…all of my surroundings at that moment in time could only translate to one thing: a trip down memory lane to my days in London town 🙂 So if any of you readers are going through some kind of nostalgia for your London days, then I would suggest a simple trip to Tribefit 🙂
- Anyone who has lived in Dubai as a single person might have gone through the process of endlessly looking for a compatible partner, only to be left hopeless and disappointed. Well, guess what? there’s a secret place where you can get fit, have fun while doing it, AND get to meet new people who share your interests, love for fitness and positive outlook on life! I believe that anyone who is single and looking for love in the city of Dubai, should give Tribefit a try and see where it goes.
How was the Pilates Class?
- The instructor was very friendly and she encourages you to work hard in class, in a very motivational and friendly way.
- The class is like one big family. Everyone was so friendly – including the trainer – Kate. The ambiance of the class was very social and friendly.
- You will definitely experience the difference in this Pilates class from others. It’s designed for advanced students, with some of the moves being too challenging for not-so fit people like me! However, I was told that the level of difficulty increases as the week goes by. And since I was there on a Thursday, the class was quite intense!
- Since some of the postures are too advanced, Kate would guide us on the alternative move for beginners. Which was great. So she would demonstrate the move for the various fitness levels of the students in class. That way, no one has an excuse to lay around on the mat and do nothing!
- As this is an advanced form of Pilates, you are certain to feel the results after the class. It is more of a fitness/strengthening/calorie-burning exercise. And not your typical Pilates class.
Check out these two experts in their best headstand split pose! P.S. They are loyal Yoga and Pilates students 🙂
- The Yoga studio was beautifully dimmed during our class, with color-changing lights in the ceiling. The ambiance was so relaxing and soothing.
- The music playlist was excellent during the class, and it helped in synchronizing the moves to the song beats. Cool factor: high 🙂
- Mats, towels of big and small sizes, and lockers are provided to all students. So are showers, sauna and changing room facilities.
- Being a big fan of Elken Cafe, I must admit that having a branch of that cafe in my fitness club does score high in my books 🙂
- As I mentioned earlier, the location is key for folks who don’t drive – like me. So being able to walk a few steps to the club from the Metro station is a huge plus for me!
Who should join Tribefit?
- If you’re looking to meet new people and make new friends while socializing in a casual, friendly and positive environment.
- If you’re single and are looking to meet new people in a different setting to the typical bar/club scene.
- If you live in or around the Marina area, and don’t drive!
- If you’re sick and tired of going to your building’s gym, the neighborhood gym, or of walking on the treadmill at your home.
- If you can’t stand walking, jogging, or running in the midst of Dubai summer. And are fed up of doing the rounds at the Marina Promenade.
- If you hate the loneliness that comes with using the gym equipment and working out on your own.
- If you need highly experienced and professional fitness trainers to motivate and guide you to achieve those new year resolutions which you can never seem to reach with every passing season, or year!
- If you want to work out in a hip, contemporary and upbeat environment. Where you can meet a friendly and positive crowd.
I personally look forward to visiting this uber cool and happening club sometime soon to try out another class. And at a future date, I would like to become a member and try out my luck in the Tribal love scene 😉