After being absent from the “fitness” and “social” scene for a while, I was glad to be back to this welcoming and homely studio situated right next to my building. My plan is to basically try out all their different classes before deciding which one to commit to. I figured I have no excuse not to stick to a regular fitness routine with this studio located just a minute’s walk from where I live!
What’s different about this belly dancing class?
I have tried a belly dancing class not a long time ago at a different fitness center in the same area, so I think my opinion will be considered quite updated and honest at the same time. What I liked about this class was the following:
- It started right on time. No delays or changes in timings.
- The class was small, so the instructor could pay attention to each student and correct if needed.
- The instructor genuinely cared about the students and made sure that we left the class with results.
- The instructor continuously corrected our moves throughout the entire class.
- The instructor gave clear and detailed instructions for how to do every move.
- The instructor told us which moves we need to practice at home and how to fit them into our daily schedule.
Who should attend this class?
- If you’re an expat living in Dubai and was always curious to know more about the art of belly dancing, then this class if for you. Also, if you like to learn new dance routines or simply enjoy dancing as a form of working out, then this class will certainly tone up your body and add to your dancing skills.
- If you want to learn how to do the “shimmy”, the “camel” and other basic belly dancing moves, then “Shaimaa” will make sure that you get the most of the class.
- If you want to experience authentic Arab culture in a fun and interesting environment.
- Finally, if you are simply into oriental dance, culture and would love to add more to your Dubai life experience.
Bonus: At the end of the class, “Shaimaa” had us to do a simple choreography dance that includes all the basic belly dancing moves. This was a great way to learn the moves, it also boosted our confidence and made us feel like real dancers 🙂
Web site: Yoga Ashram
Stay tuned for my next Yoga Ashram review….coming soon!