I can’t believe it took me this long to visit Yas Waterworld waterpark in Abu Dhabi! I think the main reason was the fact that I don’t drive, and so the idea of venturing out of the city requires some sort of planning and transportation arrangement.
The best part was that I got to spend my Friday doing something completely new, fun and exciting! Plus, being an outdoorsy person and a cancerian, means that walking around barefoot on grounds made cool with water sprays and splashing in water for a full day is my ideal definition of the word leisure!
If you need an instant boost to your mood, an intense dose of adrenaline rush, or simply a unique and fun way to spend a weekend, then Yas Waterworld should be on the top of your list 🙂
The park is open from 10 am to 7 pm daily. And there are clear directions for how to get there on the waterpark’s web site.
What’s unique about this waterpark?
- Yas Waterworld is not your ordinary waterpark. It’s a waterpark with an Arabian theme and concept.
- There are water sprinklers on most of the spaces in the park. So you don’t have to worry about walking barefoot in the UAE summer heat.
- There are even members of staff spraying water on you at different locations – just to cool you off while you walk to your next ride.
- The whole atmosphere in this waterpark is so lively, upbeat and full of a strong zest for life and happy times 🙂
- There are professional photographers scattered around the park to take your picture in the water, in front of the slides, or even at the roller-coaster ride.
- There is underground irrigation, which helps keep the ground cool at all times. This makes it easy to walk without flip flops throughout the park.
- There are dance competitions for kids with passes as giveaways.
- There was a pearl diving show for both adults and kids. Which is great for expats to learn about the pearl diving culture and heritage in the region.
- There were performers all across the park on the day I visited. As it was the first day of the start of the 100 family days – an event which will go on until the end of the year.
- The park has a wide range of food and drink options. The ice-cream is not to be missed! super delicious!
- There are different levels of the rides. So whether you just want to slide down a river in a floater or go down a vertical drop slide, there’s definitely something for everyone.
- There’s a good number of rides and activities for kids too.
- There was music all over the waterpark. And my favorite radio station – Channel 4 FM – were at the park on that day 😀
Here are some of the photos from the rides that I went on (mind you, my friends and I went on all of the rides twice and three times on one of them!):
The Bandit Bomber is a super cool roller coaster ride – only more fun since you’re in your swim wear! This ride gives you a full tour of the waterpark with crazy detours and turns that will blow you out of your mind 😀 in a good way though….it’s also very breezy up that ride!
This ride had different speeds and you can choose the one that matches your fitness level 🙂
The “beach” or “waves” pool is great for chilling out in between rides. This is me doing poses in the “beach” pool 🙂
Being the coffee addict that I am, of course I had to look for a place that serves iced-coffee. And I’m glad to say that I wasn’t disappointed because Yas Berry Cafe serves up a variety of drinks from smoothies to coffees to all things refreshing and delightful…
The surf pool seemed cool, maybe I’ll try it next time 🙂
They even have body drying machines at the park! which come in handy when you forget to bring your swim suit wet bag like I did…
There’s no end to the leisure activities, top quality service and upscale facilities that Yas Waterworld has to offer! Read on to find out more:
- Private cabanas.
- Sun loungers scattered all around the park and at the area by the “beach” pool.
- DJ playing cool tracks near the “beach” pool.
- River with floaters that takes you from one side of the park to the other. We used the river to get to the next ride location 🙂
- Waterfalls, water splashing at you from random places, and all sorts of water park fun.
- Friendly and helpful staff. The general atmosphere at this waterpark is highly positive and refreshing. Everyone is happy to be there and to do their job at their best level.
- Professional picture taking – you can choose to buy your photos at the end of the day. I had mine saved on a USB stick.
- Good way to stay fit in a fun and cool environment.
- Great options for food and drinks. I must try the coconut drink at my next visit. The quality of the food was excellent too.
- A range of activities and things to do for kids. As well as exciting competitions.
- Events for families. The “100 family days” event will go on till the end of the year. But there will also be other events throughout the coming months.
- Upcoming events include: festival of lights, music events, and winter activities.
I honestly woke up with an unusual high the next morning after my Yas Waterworld adventure! I guess it was the adrenaline rush from going on all those fun and exciting rides. I think everyone should head out to this original and vibrant waterpark every once in a while. It’s a truly refreshing and invigorating way to spend a Friday. One that’s suitable for the whole family too. Everyone from the babies to the elderly and all ages in between were having a blast at this cool waterpark.
Here are the prices that I took a picture of at the ticket booth on my way out…
Note: If you’re visiting the park on a weekend, you might want to go for the premium admission passes. The premium admission tickets allow you to access the rides through the fast lane/track. This means that you will avoid waiting in the long queues for some of the popular rides on a Friday.
I can’t wait to visit this lovely and magical waterpark again. Have you visited Yas Waterworld? If so, what did you think? 🙂
The Rebellious Saudi Diva